PDA

View Full Version : SuperTruck Setup

sk55
February 23rd, 2014, 05:42 PM
I have been testing with the SuperTruck( not Daryl, lol!)a lot lately and here is what I have found to be a fast consistent setup.

Start with the 13.5 spec setup Dom posted with the following changes.
+2.5 camber lf
Silva HPS2 center shock with 30 weight oil, white progressive Mcpappy spring
.020 springs in the front. .010 droop rf, .040 lf.
.035 toe out
325g on lr 300-315 on lf
start with rear tires same size, .010 reverse stagger in front.
1.8 amp draw with rollout 5.31 for a CRC size track. That is with an Impact.

Ronnie Petty III
February 27th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Are you setting your amp draw with a fan, free spin or on the chassis dyno? I have been running Supertruck on 110 run line track, Iam using about the same setup, but I have been using alot stiffer shock oil

sk55
February 27th, 2014, 03:39 PM
I set the amp draw on a dyno, but the 1.8 is what the free spin is. Our run line is 140-145 feet.

RDub355
February 27th, 2014, 08:06 PM
saw you won at a main sunday ed..good job..

RichDeCapio
May 2nd, 2014, 01:55 PM
For Super truck which is better the cot bumper or the regular bumper?

James35
May 2nd, 2014, 02:11 PM
The COT bumper is best if you are a new driver or racing with lower skilled drivers because of 2 reasons. #1, the shallow length gives you room to run a foam bumper. It's also made of 2.5mm carbon fiber. That combination is really nice to make the everything durable.
Whereas the regular bumper is made with a lighter 2.0mm carbon fiber and it runs close to the body. Most people running the regular bumper will just make a small .040 or .060" little lexan piece and servo tape it to the bumper to fill the void. It's a risk to run it like this because there is no give, but this method is lighter which is generally faster, assuming you finish the race :).

RichDeCapio
May 2nd, 2014, 02:38 PM
The COT bumper is best if you are a new driver or racing with lower skilled drivers because of 2 reasons. #1, the shallow length gives you room to run a foam bumper. It's also made of 2.5mm carbon fiber. That combination is really nice to make the everything durable.
Whereas the regular bumper is made with a lighter 2.0mm carbon fiber and it runs close to the body. Most people running the regular bumper will just make a small .040 or .060" little lexan piece and servo tape it to the bumper to fill the void. It's a risk to run it like this because there is no give, but this method is lighter which is generally faster, assuming you finish the race :).
thanks James I think I will try the regular bumper and see how it goes, At Horsham I can run weeks with out any contact given the racers I get to run with.

sk55
May 2nd, 2014, 02:50 PM
Rich,
The full size bumper works well with the truck body. I like to run it so the lip of the body rests on the bumper and then I would use posts with clips in the front. It fits like a glove. You don't need any support on the bottom of the holes in the body so it keeps the body and chassis nice and free.

horsedog
July 16th, 2014, 01:56 PM
i just mounted my truck body- i found it odd to position while trying to keep the narrow rear section centered above the tires- one post is in one bumper hole and the other is different- one body hole is in the hood, one in the lower fender area- but it fits nice- i took like 2 hours getting it right! can post pics if anyone would like

sam1481
June 25th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Protoform or Mcallister Truck body? Has anyone seen a performance difference between the two? Thank you

James35
June 25th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Absolutely. The Mcallister body weighs a ton more.
Protoform all the way.