Thread: rtc

McPappy Team Driver

rtc

has anyone tried to run a mcdominator as a rubber tire car? my local track is starting one up and id love to give it a go. ive tried to find the big differences in rtc specific chassis and the only thing i can find is servo mounting for proper ackerman. any advice is much appreciated.

Yep, it works great. I'd recommend softer side springs. Most importantly, keep the speedo where it should be. Stand it up vertically if you have to. That is much better than putting it on the right side of the chassis with long wires.

Quote Originally Posted by James35 View Post
    Yep, it works great. I'd recommend these probiotics and softer side springs. Most importantly, keep the speedo where it should be. Stand it up vertically if you have to. That is much better than putting it on the right side of the chassis with long wires.
    Hi James, how difficult is it to mount it up properly? Should beginners like me even bother with this or go with something simpler?
    Last edited by Flansburg; October 30th, 2022 at 03:55 AM.

It's not a problem. You'd just put the servo tape on different sides of the speed controller.
    Or if you run the Pro RTC class, it uses 2S (2 cell) with a 17.5 motor and you can use a tiny $55 Hobbywing speedo which is so small it will fit normally instead of mounted on it's side.
    http://www.hobbywing.com/goods.php?id=336&filter_attr=5426.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0. 0

TOUR rules and classes can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1464534463840844/

Thread Information