McPappy Team Driver

New 17.5 Mcdominator Team Build

Hello guys, I'm a partner at Turn 4 Raceway in Ashland, KY and own the on-site hobby shop. I've been pushing the other brands my distributors carry since we opened, but after studying and looking around the internet, realized the McPappy chassis are light years ahead. I ordered a new McDominator Team and it will be here this weekend.

I'm looking for any suggestions on set-ups. Our rules are 17.5 open motor, blinky esc, 1s batt, open tires, open gearing, and NASCAR bodies. Our track is 70 x 30 Ozite, and our current hero lap times are in the 3.8s.

I'm hoping to turn on several fast guys to McPappy, and they are impatiently waiting to see the car on the track.

Thanks for any help and suggestions

You can start with the 13.5 spec setup that Dom listed. If you can run open tires and grip is lower try running a 50/50 Gray/Silver RF, Pearl White/White RR, Pearl White LR, and a White RF. If you have any questions during the build just post them here.

Ed

McPappy Team Driver
    Thanks, I have it almost together. One question, whats the best combination for the springs that came in the kit?
    Thanks again,

Jason

Purples in the front with 1 spring bucket on the bottom. .010 shims on the RF, with .060 on LF. A 12 lb LR spring with an 8 lb RR spring.

McPappy Team Driver
    Thanks man, I appreciate it

McPappy Team Driver
    I have doms 13.5 spec setup sheet. Side shock length 3.27? how about center shock? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated and maybe I am just not looking close enough but if anyone has this info thanx.

Center shock should be 3.060 measured center to center of dubros with it fully extended. Read Dom's thread about Big HPI center shock length. It is important after you get the car all set and race ready to set the "pullback" on the shock as he describes. You do this by fine tuning the length of the shock.

McPappy Team Driver
    Thank you. Been in the sport for less than a year. Any info is beyond appreciated.

Thread Information