Thread: Breakout Racing

Breakout Racing

Can anyone help me with maybe a set up, gear, .We running the Breakout Nationals at the Rug in King NC
    It is a 175 ft run line track. Any infor will help.

Thanks Daniel

McPappy Team Driver
    I started in a breakout class. I geared my car to where I would blip the throttle in the corner and by the end of the run I would hold my throttle wide open. Some guys geared to hold the throttle wide open the whole race. That would give me the ability to pass if needed and just let off a tad more so I did not break out. Might not be for everyone but it worked for me. As far as gear, I would run a bigger gear than the track required and turn the throttle percentage down on my radio instead of searching for that exact gear. Much easier than calculating rollout or going through every gear you have to get spot on breakout time. There are only so many laps you can turn running breakout time depending on track size. Example my track was 4 minute 58 laps for a near perfect run w no breakouts. You can do the math according to your breakout times to find out how many laps are possible to run. Make sure your ride heights are spot on. Usually its 5mm minimum in breakout class get as close as possible. That's about all I have hope it helps

Thanks for the info

I run a 50 ft oval short track with hairpins curves with my Dart 1.0 in Breakout class and my car always have a tendency out of the corner to go left in the staight and i have to turn a little to the right to correct my line , is it my rear springs , left=red 14lb , gold right 12lb , associated springs, or to much flex in the front , i have not cut it ,it is stock . I managed to finished second in the championship but if my car had run better lines maybe i had a good chance for first position.
    Last edited by jim48jr; April 14th, 2018 at 01:04 PM.

This can be a lot of things, but theoretically, you'd want thinner side shock oil. Continuing to turn after the corner can caused by the car staying leaned over too long after the corner. Thinner oil helps it to bounce back sooner. In my experience, newer racers tend to have too much pod bind which can also cause the same effect. If you text me pictures of your car from multiple angles, I can often spot issues and give you some things to work on.

Thread Information